Thursday, May 26, 2011

Land of the Sea and Sun

Hey sewing fans! As promised, my surprise comes in the form of something slightly tropical and yellow. To get you in the mood, take a listen to one of my favorite songs ever, "Land of the Sea and Sun". While the movie, My Father the Hero is kind of strange, the song is awesome, so enjoy and get ready!


Okay, so now that you're in the whole tropical, island mood, take a look at what I've been working on!






Isn't the fabric just awesome? It reminds me of a sunset in Hawaii or Puerto Rican flowers, though I've never actually been to either of those places.

Plus, I feel like such a rebel since I've decided to synthesize my newly learned sewing skills and forgo any pattern or instructions! Granted, most of the work is probably pressing, measuring, sewing a simple seam, and hemming, but still! I love being a rebel!

No comments:

Post a Comment