Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Define Easy

At Jo Ann's today, I picked out Pattern 2196, because apparently, "It's so easy it's Simplicity!" Well, when I got home and opened the package with bated breath, I discovered that the word "easy" has many different connotations to many different people. For the makers of Simplicity, I found, the word "easy" can apparently be defined as "extremely complicated and confusing with tons and tons of steps".




32 steps to be exact. But have no fear, with my handy dandy little SEW book, a little thing called the internet, and just a dash of stubbornness, we shall persevere!
My favorite book after Harry Potter, a little worse for the wear


Oh, and I guess I did promise a glimpse of my future dress or maybe skirt, depending on what I decide to tackle first. Take a peek at my new, beautiful fabric soaking and then hanging! My good friend, or at least she feels like a friend, Diana Rupp, the author of Sew Everything Workshop, suggests just throwing the fabric into the washing machine, but I've decided to take a page from my own grandmother on this one. Who needs a super capacity front loading Whirlpool when you've got trusty old evaporation!



1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    These are beautiful fabrics! I can't wait to see what you make with them.

    Tracy Snow

    ReplyDelete